Trade Safety offer an Abrasive Wheels training course this course will take up to 2.5 hours to complete. The Abrasive Wheels training course details the following:
Abrasive wheels training provides participants with the knowledge, skills and attitude to enable operative use of the abrasive wheel safely. The provision and use of work equipment implicitly requires that any person using a piece of work equipment that presents a significant risk to the user must be trained and that the training covers not only the use but also any hazards arising from the use and the precautions to be observed. It is not adequate to assume that because a person has a qualification in a trade, that they are competent with any tools related to that trade. This is especially true of power tools. With this in mind, this training takes a generic approach to training with power tools to enable the person to be aware of the hazards and precautions.
The objectives of this course are as follows:
- Understand the requirements of the regulations
- Risks associated with Power Tools
- Understanding of the hazards arising from the use of abrasive wheels
- Identify the methods of marking abrasive wheels
- Store, handle and transport abrasive wheels correctly
- Test and inspect wheels for damage
- Mount an abrasive wheel and a knowledge of the function of the components
- Dress a wheel
- Ability to adjust the rest correctly
ready to start your training today? get in touch with our experts!
Get in contact to learn more about pricing and what Trade Safety can do for you!