Breathing Apparatus Training
Breathing Apparatus Training provides necessary skills for all those who wear breathing apparatus and other associated equipment to safely use it and understand all aspects of the operating procedures. Delegates will be trained to make quick and right decisions in emergency situations prior to the arrival of Emergency Services.
Breathing Apparatus Equipment is a particular type of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), used to protect the individual wearer against the inhalation of hazardous substances in the workplace air .
A self-contained breathing apparatus sometimes referred to as a compressed air breathing apparatus, or simply breathing apparatus, is a device worn by rescue workers, firefighters, and others to provide breathable air in an immediately dangerous to life or health atmosphere
Next Public Training Dates Available Click Here
To enable delegates achieve and demonstrate the knowledge and skills required to operate a breathing apparatus correctly and in a safe manner.
At the end of this course, participants should be able to:
- Handle breathing apparatus (B/A)
- Fit the breathing apparatus and face mask correctly and safely
- Carry out all appropriate safety tests required for the breathing apparatus
- Donning and doffing of breathing apparatus set
- Manage Entry Control procedures
- Work in heat and smoke (if required)
- Identify the elements of the breathing apparatus set and ancillary equipment
- Clean and service breathing apparatus set
If you have any questions about our Breathing Apparatus Training please get in touch
- Description of breathing apparatus set
- Correct procedures for cylinder connection to set
- Carrying out of high and low pressure tests on set
- Removal of set – individual practice
- Entry control procedures / calculations litres per minute
- Safety checks including check for positive pressure
- Use of the bypass
- Warning whistle activation
- Gauge readings
- Permit to work systems
1 or 2 Days as required by Customer.
NO. OF DELEGATES
Maximum of 10 delegates.
Trade Safety Ltd will supply all equipment necessary for
To view our Breathing Apparatus Equipment Click Here
On successful completion of this course a Trade Safety Ltd Training Certificate and Card will be issued.
Call us Now for a quotation, or to get more information about our Breathing Apparatus Training