Chemical Awareness Training
This course is designed for safe working practices with chemicals and work methods to implement in the event of a chemical spillage. The course is designed to meet the requirements for employee safety under the Safety Health & Welfare at Work Act 2005 and the Chemicals Act 2008.
To enable candidates to assess the levels of chemicals on site and the safe working practices to implement.
1. To identify the levels of chemicals in the workplace.
2. Outline of measures to prevent accidents / spillages.
3. Identify methods for protection from contamination.
4. In the event of a spillage, safe methods for clean up of spillages to protect members of staff and the environment.
5. An outline of P.P.E gear required in this area.
6. The dangers of fumes in relation to fire explosion and contamination to members of staff and surrounding areas.
7. Measures to implement prior to the emergency services arriving.
8. Decontamination procedures required in the event of a leak or spillage.
9. Where there are Chemicals on a site:
• Haz Chem Code
• ADR / RID KEMLAR Codes
• Hazards ID Numbers
• ID Signs
• Action to be taken in the event of a Chemical Spill
• Plan of Action
• Emergency Procedures
• ID of Company Chemicals
• Categories of Chemical Handling & Spillage
1/2 day or a 1 day (depending on clients exact requirements)
No. Of Delegates
10 maximum per course
Safety Data Sheets (SDS) and Chemical Spillage Kits
On successful completion of this course Trade Safety Ltd will issue Certificates to each delegate, which are valid for 3 years
Enquire Now About Chemical Awareness Training Download Chemical Awareness Training PDF