Manual Handling tRAINING
Trade Safety offer a manual handling training course. This manual handling training course will last for 3.5 hours.
Manual Handling training is to provide trainees with the correct manual handling techniques in order to prevent back injury at work. Manual Handling involves any transporting or supporting of any load. This includes lifting, putting down, pushing, pulling, carrying or moving a load. In some cases the activity does not cause problems. Furthermore it can be a potential workplace hazard when an employee is required to handle very heavy loads.
To comply with current Health and Safety legislation, staff must be given training in safe manual handling techniques. This training will show your staff how to carry out manual handling tasks correctly and therefore avoid back injuries. By training your staff how to conduct manual handling safely you are complying with your legal requirements.
The learning outcomes of this manual handling course are as follows:
- Be aware of the necessity for safe methods of manual handling to reduce the risk of injury.
- Understand the need to avoid manual handling by using mechanical aids where possible.
- Assess the task using the TILE criteria (task, individual, load, environment).
- Implement the correct method of lifting ensuring minimal risk to self and co-workers.
- Know how to safely execute all relevant workplace manual handling tasks.
ready to start your training today? get in touch with our experts!
Get in contact to learn more about pricing and what Trade Safety can do for you!