The Manual Handling Training Course
Manual Handling training is to provide trainees with the correct manual handling techniques in order to prevent back injury at work.
Manual Handling involves any transporting or supporting of any load. This includes lifting, putting down, pushing, pulling, carrying or moving a load. In some cases the activity does not cause problems. Furthermore it can be a potential workplace hazard when an employee is required to handle very heavy loads.
To comply with current Health and Safety legislation, staff must be given training in safe manual handling techniques. This training will show your staff how to carry out manual handling tasks correctly and therefore avoid back injuries. By training your staff how to conduct manual handling safely you are complying with your legal requirements.
All staff engaged in manual handling activities during their working day should attend this course.
If you have any questions about our The Manual Handling Training Course please get in touch
The aim of Manual Handling training is to provide trainees with the correct manual handling techniques in order to prevent back injury at work.
The objectives of the training are to give trainees:
- an understanding of Health and Safety Legislation in relation to Manual Handling
- an awareness of the structure, function and mechanism of the spine
- an awareness of the type of injury that can occur and consequences thereof
- an awareness of ways to prevent injury
- an ability to carry out a Manual Handling Risk Assessment and
- an ability to use correct manual handling technique
- Safety Legislation – This covers the general duties of employers and employees as contained in the 2005 Act and the law in relation to manual handling as per the 2007 General Application Regulations.
- Structure, function and mechanism of the Spine
- Types of Injury to the Spine and the consequences of such injury.
- Injury Prevention
- Risk Assessment for manual handling tasks per Schedule 3 of the 2007 Regulations
- Ergonomics and manual handling
- Fitness for Work and the importance of Fitness in Preventing Back Injury
- The 8 Principles of Manual Handling
- Practical Demonstration and assessment – Lifting, Lowering, Pushing & Pulling
- Team Handling
The course consists of
- a two hour powerpoint presentation
- an hour long practical demonstration where each delegate is assessed individually in the manner in which they apply the 8 principles of correct manual handling
- a twenty minute video to further reinforce the need to use correct manual handling techniques at work, in the home and in everyday life.
During the course a replica adult human spine, a replica vertebra and disc and a demonstration lifting man are used.
NO. OF DELEGATES
All courses have a maximum of 12 delegates.
On successful completion of this course a Trade Safety Ltd Training Certificate will be issued.
Call us Now for a quotation, or to get more information about our The Manual Handling Training Course