SAFETY REPRESENTATIVE TRAINING
Under the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005 workers may select and appoint from among their fellow employees, a Safety Representative. The Safety Representative role includes the undertaking of tasks such as workplace inspections, accidents investigation, investigation of complaints and consultation on workplace health and safety matters. Training is required for safety representatives and employers are required to ensure that such training is comprehensive and allows Safety Representatives to fulfil their role in the workplace.
Safety Representatives play a vital role in the consultation process of health and safety within the workplace.
This course is designed to provide the elected Safety Rep with the training & information necessary to be competent in their role. It has been prepared in accordance with all Health & Safety Authority guidelines.
To provide the basic knowledge and skills necessary for the Safety Representative to discharge their role in the workplace. On completion of this course the participants will be able to:
- List the implications of health and safety legislation on both the employer and the employee
- Describe the role of the Health & Safety Inspectorate
- Define the role and function of a Safety Representative
- List actions undertaken to promote health and safety in the workplace
- Describe the consultative process within the company
- Identify hazards and assess the risks associated with common workplace hazards
- Describe the importance of routine workplace inspections
- Investigate accidents and recommend preventative inspections
- Record and analyse accident statistics
- Identify potential health hazards
- Source information relevant to the Safety Representative
- Define the role of the Safety Statement within the company
If you have any questions about our Safety Representative Training please get in touch
- Legislation relating to Health and Safety
- Role and Functions of the Safety Rep
- Accident Investigation, Recording & Analysis
- Occupational Chemical Safety Awareness
- Common Workplace Hazards/Risk Assessments eg Manual handling, Internal transport, Fire safety, VDU’s, Slips, Trips & Falls, Noise, Bullying, Stress
- Method statements
- Permits to Work
Method of Training
- A powerpoint presentation supplemented by videos and exercises
- Use of Safety Data Sheets (SDS), Method Statements, Safety Statements from the client.
- Case analysis of common health and safety problems that arise in the workplace and practical guidance for the safe solution of these issues
- Interactive problem solving.
- Identification of sources of information to assist the safety representative in his/her duties.
NO. OF DELEGATES
Companys Safety Data Sheets (SDS), Method Statements, Safety Statements.
On successful completion of this course Trade Safety Ltd will issue Certificates to each delegate, which are valid for 3 years
Call us Now for a quotation, or to get more information about our Safety Representative Training