Health and Safety Co-Ordinator
Health and Safety Co-Ordinator
If you are appointed the Project Supervisor Design Process or Construction Stage you have many duties under the Safety Health & Welfare (Construction) Regulations 2013. We can help you with these duties when you appoint us as your Health and Safety Co-ordinator.
Project Supervisor Design Process (PSDP)
The Project Supervisor Design Process is appointed by the Client. The client must appoint a competent organisation or individual to fulfil the duties of the PSDP and the PSDP must demonstrate this competence to the client before being appointed.
The main duties of the PSDP are:
- Take account of the Principles of Prevention (see Safety Health & Welfare at Work Act 2005 Schedule 5) and any safety and health plan or safety file when estimating the period of time required for completion of a project and for stages of a project.
- Organise co-operation between and co-ordinate the activities of all designers on the same project.
- Where necessary, prepare a Preliminary Safety & Health plan that specifies;
- A general description of the project and the time set for completion of the project.
- Appropriate information on any other work activities taking place on the site
- Activities involving a particular risk as per the 1st schedule of the 2013 Construction Regulations.
- Provide the PSCS with any information available to them which needs to be included in the safety file.
- Prepare and deliver to the Client a Safety File on completion of a project containing relevant safety and health information to be taken into account during any subsequent construction work following completion.
We can help you fulfill these duties when you appoint us as your Health and Safety Co-ordinator Design Process.
If you have any questions about our Health and Safety Co-Ordinator services please get in touch
Project Supervisor Construction Stage (PSCS)
The Project Supervisor for the Construction Stage is appointed by the Client. The client must appoint a competent organisation or individual to fulfil the duties of the PSCS and the PSCS must demonstrate this competence to the client before being appointed.
The main duties of the PSCS are:
- Give written notice to the Health and Safety Authority as per form AF2 prior to the commencement of any work on site, display this notice clearly on site and update any particulars on this form as necessary.
- Develop the Preliminary Safety and Health Plan prepared at the Design Stage for implementation at the Construction Stage.
- Include specific measure for controlling hazards related to work activities listed in the First Schedule of the 2013 Construction Regulations and the site Safety and Health Plan.
- Co-ordinate implementation of the Safety and Health Plan on site.
- Co-ordinate the implementation of any relevant requirements of the 2013 Construction Regulations.
- Co-ordinate checking of Safepass, Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) and other training records.
- Organise for co-operation between contractors and their activities including the provision of information to employees on site.
- Conduct site inspections. Ensure any noted deficiencies are immediately corrected or work stopped until the situation can be made safe.
- Obtain and review Methods Statements for any work to be performed which present significant risks to employees.
- Co-ordinate measures to protect the public and permit authorised persons only on to the site.
- Maintain records of any notification of an accident, or dangerous occurrence which occur on site and ensure proper notification has been made to the Authority where appropriate.
- Appoint a full time competent Safety Adviser where there are normally more than 100 persons engaged in construction work on a site at any one time.
- Co-ordinate the provision and maintenance of welfare facilities.
- Ensure that all information necessary for the preparation of the Safety File by the PSDP is provided, making necessary adjustments as the work progresses, for handover to the client upon completion of the project.
We can help you fulfill these duties when you appoint us as your Health and Safety Co-ordinator Construction Stage.
Call us Now for a quotation, or to get more information about our Health and Safety Co-Ordinator services